We all know Kedarnath as a place of the devotees. It is surreal and beautiful. But how many of us know that it has also been the place with one of the worst hit floods in history? Kedarnath flood is a historical disaster and people should leave no boundaries in supporting this gorgeous place. Reports state that the temple is completely safe but the flood has destroyed the area surrounding it. The town has faced major losses as the water level started rising. It is time we come out of the dream world and face reality. In this blog we will discuss exactly why it is important for every person- whether a devotee or not to book a Kedarnath Uttarakhand Darshan Package at least once in their lives.
There have been reports which states that during this calamity many people and pilgrims were stranded while trekking. IAF said this has been one of the worst hit floods in the country. Here are some points which will tell you why it is important to visit Kedarnath.
The Importance Of Visiting Kedarnath:
- Kedarnath is a part of the four pilgrimage spots in Uttarakhand or as we call it- the Chota Char Dham. The Kedarnath Temple sits in the district of Rudraprayag in Uttarakhand. The three other sites of this Chota Chaar Dham are Gangotri, Badrinath and Yamunotri. The altitude of Kedarnath is 3584 meters above sea level. This town is near the Chorabari Glacier which is the upper course of River Mandakini. The flash floods were due to this glacier.
- The name Kedarnath is given to honour King Kedar. He was the ruler of Satya Yuga. Many people might not know this but the land surrounding the temple is Vrindavan. She was the daughter of King Lear. Mythology has it that the Pandavas sought solace from Lord Shiva in this temple. The temple is more than a thousand years old. Book kedarnath uttarakhand darshan package and know yourself.
- The Shiv-linga in Kedarnath is the highest and the most important amongst the twelve Jyotirlingas. It is pyramidal in shape and different from the other ones. You can either trek by foot or take the helicopter. Every year this place witnesses millions of tourists.
- Kedarnath also witnesses heavy snowfall. This is why it opens on Akshay Tritiya and closes on the occasion of Bhai Dooj. After this, the temple remains shut for six months. Also, during the monsoons heavy landslides occur.
- Lord Bhairavnath resides in the Bhairon Temple. People worship him when the temple of Kedarnath opens and closes. This temple is the guard of Kedarnath Temple.
These are some of the reasons why everyone should visit the mesmerising place of Kedarnath at least once. If you want to do a Kedarnath Uttarakhand Darshan Tour, then visit the website of My Tirth India and check out their tour packages.