Shirdi is a small town located in the Indian state of Maharashtra, known for being the home of one of the most revered saints of India, Sai Baba. The town is located approximately 185 km east of Mumbai and 120 km from Nashik. Shirdi is considered to be one of the most important pilgrimage sites in India, attracting millions of devotees from all over the world every year.
The town of Shirdi is centered around the Sai Baba Temple complex, which houses the Samadhi (final resting place) of Sai Baba. The temple complex is spread over an area of about 200 square meters and includes a variety of structures such as the main temple, the Samadhi Mandir, the Dwarkamai Mosque, and the Chavadi.
Apart from visiting the temple, there are many other things to do in Shirdi. The town offers a range of packages for tourists that include sightseeing, accommodation, and travel. Visitors can book rooms in hotels in Shirdi near the temple or opt for Shirdi room booking facilities provided by the Sai Sansthan.
In recent years, Shirdi has also witnessed a surge in online booking facilities. Devotees can now book their darshan tickets online and also avail of other services like prasad, accommodation, and transportation. The Sai Sansthan Shirdi has played a key role in making the pilgrimage experience more convenient for the devotees.
Overall, Shirdi offers a unique spiritual experience that attracts people from all walks of life. With its serene atmosphere, rich history, and vibrant culture, it is no wonder that the town has become such an important destination for religious and cultural tourism in India.
What are the available packages for Shirdi
Shirdi, the land of Sai Baba, is a popular pilgrimage destination in India. To make the journey to this holy town easier, several travel companies, including My Tirth India, offer various Shirdi tour packages that cater to the needs of the visitors. These packages usually include accommodation, travel, and sightseeing, ensuring that the visitors have a comfortable and hassle-free trip.
One of the most popular packages for Shirdi is the Shirdi Darshan package. This package includes travel, accommodation, and darshan tickets, enabling visitors to skip the long queues and have a hassle-free darshan at the Sai Baba Temple. The package also includes a visit to other popular attractions in Shirdi, such as the Samadhi Mandir and the Shri Sai Baba Sansthan Trust.
For visitors who prefer to stay near the temple, there are several hotel options available. My Tirth India offers hotel bookings for hotels in Shirdi near the temple, such as the Bhakta Niwas, which is run by the Shri Sai Baba Sansthan Trust. Visitors can also opt for Shirdi room booking, which provides comfortable and affordable accommodation in Shirdi.
For those who cannot visit Shirdi in person, My Tirth India offers Shirdi online darshan booking. Visitors can book a slot for online darshan and have a virtual tour of the temple, enabling them to have a darshan of Sai Baba from the comfort of their homes. To book online darshan, visitors need to provide a valid email ID and upload their PAN card in JPEG or BMP file format.
My Tirth India also offers customized Shirdi tour packages that can be tailored to the specific needs and preferences of the visitors. These packages include accommodation, travel, and sightseeing, as well as other services such as airport transfers and car rentals. Visitors can choose from a range of Shirdi tour packages based on their budget and duration of the trip.
Shirdi is a popular pilgrimage destination that attracts millions of visitors every year. To cater to the needs of the visitors, several travel companies, including My Tirth India, offer various Shirdi tour packages that include accommodation, travel, and sightseeing. Visitors can choose from a range of packages based on their needs and preferences and have a comfortable and hassle-free trip to Shirdi.
What are the different places you can visit while in Shirdi-
Shirdi is a town in the Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra, India. It is primarily famous for the holy shrine of Shirdi Sai Baba, which attracts millions of devotees every year. However, there are several other places to visit in Shirdi besides the Sai Baba temple. Let’s explore them in detail:
- Dwarkamai Masjid – This mosque was the residence of Sai Baba for almost 60 years. It is situated on the right side of the Sai Baba temple and is considered as the heart of the spiritual site. Dwarkamai Masjid has an amazing aura and houses several articles that were used by Sai Baba during his lifetime. This place is significant for both Hindus and Muslims.
- Chavadi – Chavadi is a small building that was used as a shelter by Sai Baba during the last years of his life. It is situated at a distance of 200 meters from the Sai Baba temple. Chavadi was converted into a shrine in 1909 and is now a significant pilgrimage site. It has an open hall where several meetings and discussions were held by Sai Baba with his followers.
- Wet N Joy Water Park – This is a perfect place to visit if you want to spend some time with your family and friends. The water park has several thrilling rides and slides, which are sure to keep you entertained for hours. It also has a wave pool and a rain dance area where you can dance to the beats of the music while enjoying the rain.
- Khandoba Temple – The Khandoba Temple is located in the heart of Shirdi town and is dedicated to Lord Khandoba. It is believed that Sai Baba visited this temple regularly and even stayed there for a few days. The temple has a beautiful architecture and is decorated with intricate carvings and sculptures.
- Dixit Wada Museum – Dixit Wada Museum is a heritage museum that showcases the history and culture of Shirdi. It has several artifacts and photographs that belonged to Sai Baba and his devotees. The museum also has a library that contains books and scriptures related to Sai Baba and his teachings.
- Sai Heritage Village – Sai Heritage Village is a theme park that depicts the life and teachings of Sai Baba. It has several attractions like a Sai Baba temple, meditation center, and a theater that shows documentaries on Sai Baba’s life. The park also has a restaurant that serves delicious vegetarian food.
- Lendi Baug – Lendi Baug is a beautiful garden that was watered by Sai Baba himself. It is located near the Sai Baba temple and has several trees and plants that were planted by him. The garden also has a small pond and a meditation center where you can spend some time in peace and solitude.
- Shani Shingnapur – Shani Shingnapur is a village located at a distance of 70 km from Shirdi. It is famous for the temple of Lord Shani, who is considered as the god of justice in Hindu mythology. The temple has a unique feature, which is that there is no door or roof over the idol of Lord Shani. It is believed that Lord Shani protects the village from all kinds of evils and misfortunes.
Shirdi is not only famous for the Sai Baba temple, but it also has several other places that are worth visiting. These places offer a glimpse into the rich cultural heritage and history of Shirdi. If you are planning a trip to Shirdi, make sure to visit these places to make your journey more fulfilling and memorable.