BABA DHAM DEOGHAR
The ancient temple of Baba Baidyanath (kamana-linga) is one of the twelve jyotirlingas of India. Deoghar is believed to be the place where Ravana carrying Lord Shiva on his way to Sri Lanka had stopped, betraying the conditions of a non-stop journey. This failed mission of taking the Lord to Lanka ensured Lord Shiva remained rooted here. The place become known as Baidyanath Dham after Lord Shiva, is also known as Baba Baidyanath. Every Shravam month, millions of devotees undertake a rigorous 100 kms piligrimage on foot from Ajgaibinath to offer holy water to Baba Baidyanath.
The pilgrimage is deemed complete with homage paid at Basukinath. Within the precincts of the main temple, there are 12 other temples, dedicated to different Gods, including Lord Mahadeva. Durring Shravan Mela & Maha Shivratri, My Tirth India makes special arrangements to reach the devotees to Gods at Baba Dham.
Why with MTI?
- You will have a hassle free experience of Puja straight from the renowned temples without having to travel miles or stand in lines to your home.
- Associated with a brand – India’s first comprehensive religious and pilgrimage site.
- All our Pandits are experienced and learned.
- Personalized attention by all our staff from the day of booking till the Puja is done.
- Delivery of Prasad at home. (On request – Chargeable)