Online Rudra Abhishek Puja
The Shri Omkareshwar Temple, situated in the ancient state of MP on the side of the Rudra Sagar Lake in the state of Madhya Pradesh, continues to be one of the most sacred and outstanding places of pilgrimage for Hindus till date. The resting place of Lord Shiva, the temple is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas, which are considered to be the sacred dwelling place of the Lord. Even in the present era, the temple continues to provide the visitor with an altogether unique and unmatched peace of mind and composure. The Temple complex is a spacious courtyard with sculptural finesse and sophistication that is influenced by Maratha, Bhumija and Chalukya styles of structural design and is complete with impressive lingams of , Omkaresvara and Nagachandresvara and images of Ganesha, Kartikeya and Parvati. A number of religious festivals and celebrations also take place here every year and are celebrated with great fervour. Other than these, the Bhasma-Aarti of the temple is a ritual ceremony that is a must see for all.All rituals, including Puja-Archana and Abhishekaarati, are regularly performed in the temple all year round. The main festivals celebrated here are:
1. Nitya Yatra: In this ritual, the participatory devotee, referred to as the Yatri, takes a bath in the holy Sipra and then visits Nagachandresvara, Kotesvara, goddess Avantika, goddess Harasiddhi and Agastyesvara for Darshana.
2. Sawari (Procession): The sacred procession of the Almighty passes through the streets of Ujjain on every Monday for some particular time periods. The last Sawari that takes place on the dark fortnight of the Bhadrapada especially draws the attention of lakhs of people and is celebrated with great pomp and show. The procession during the Vijayadashami festival is equally exciting and attractive.Darshan early morning is known as BHASMA ARATI where traditional attire is a must. Dhoti for men and saree for women are the strictest dress norms for entering the temple premises in the morning. ''My Tirth India' will ensure the attire required for a devotee to enter the temple will be made available at 3 in the morning. Our person will wait for you. Aadhar/ Pan card copy has to be provided to us a day in advance for registering devotees for witnessing the Bhasma Arati puja.
This apart Jal Avishek which allows the Bhakt to pour milk and water over Lord Swayambhu, comes at a cost of 1500 per head, tickets available from the temple premises can be bought in advance by our staff of 'My Tirth India' .
Join us for an divine experience. Rudra Abhishek.
Benefits of Rudrabhishek
- Rudra is one in all the various names of Lord Shiva. Acting a Puja for the Rudra avatar of Lord Shiva with all proper rites and rituals is understood as Rudrabhishek Puja. It’s one of the foremost ancient practices followed by Hindus worldwide.
- This Puja is aimed to appease the Rudra form of Shiva thus as to attain inner peace and fulfillment.
Importance and Significance of Rudrabhishek Puja
- Many vedic scriptures have stressed upon the Rudrabhishek Puja as the remover of all evils.
- All planets swaying people’s horoscopes have been born from the fury of Lord Shiva.
- Thus if one wishes to try to to away with the ill effects i.e. Doshas of the planetary positions, one can positively do a Rudrabhishek Pooja.
- Two types of energies exist in our world — positive and negative.
- Positive energies exist within the sort of physiological state, happiness, love, joy and prosperity whereas negative energies exist within the delineation of ill health, depression and impoverishment.
- The Rudrabhishek Pooja helps in transforming these negative energies into positive ones
Date : 17th January 2021
Time : 10:00 AM